Integrated Planning and Advising Systems
Integrated Planning and Advising Systems – Phase I
Emanuel Pollack, Interim Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs
Peggie Garcia (Project Coordinator)
- Determine what data and functionality should be included in IPAS system.
- Survey advisors to determine their highest priorities for data that should be included in the system.
- Evaluate existing systems to identify gaps between what is currently available and what advisors need.
- Assess the feasibility of including all of the data and functionality that advisors need, given UIC’s existing resources and staffing. Establish which of the requested components should be prioritized.
- Decide if the most viable version of the IPAS system, which addresses advisors’ highest priorities, can be developed with existing products and in-house expertise. If an in-house solution is not feasible, identify which vendors/products should be considered to supplement internal resources and expertise.
- Create a list of roles and responsibilities for staff members who will have access to the IPAS system, along with a description of the training that will be required for staff before access to the system is granted.
- Make formal recommendations to the vice provost, by April 2016, which outline the requirements for the IPAS system and suggest potential vendors who could deliver an attainable solution if external products/expertise are required. While the recommended system may not meet all of the advisors’ needs because of budgetary constraints, the committee’s plan might describe how additional functionality could be added over time.
- Develop an implementation plan that outlines the key tasks that will be necessary to implement the IPAS system, with each task linked to a timeline, an owner, and the resources that will be required. The plan document may also include a description of campus wide policies that should be updated to facilitate adoption of the IPAS system.
Project Management Plan
This is a document provides clarity about the project objectives, scope, expected outcomes, expectations, roles and responsibilities. Click to open the PDF file.
Project Progress Indicator
Project Status Updates
Final Project Report
This project was completed in June 2016. Click here to open the final project report.